This song is different. It is inspired by them.
Over the past few weeks I have listened to several beautiful young women share their stories of surviving abuse. They have been broken by it; they are scared; some are tired of living; most question the goodness of the God who did not stop it.
In my own journey of processing what I have heard from them, this song emerged. It is taken entirely from the feelings and words of those girls, and the desperate cries of the psalmist.
Abuse is shattering. Our hope is in the God who hears, for He restores our soul (Psalm 23:3).
For a dear friend whose life testifies the light of restoration;
and for a darling girl who I pray will one day see that light.
Even more touching than the preview I got...
ReplyDeleteGreat song!
ReplyDeleteAmazing and beautiful. It truely blessed me today.
ReplyDeleteWow! Music moves the heart as nothing else can. Your love is poured out and like a strong current the flow of music will carry it farther than you may ever know.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful singing of touching lyrics, that tell the story of so many young women. They are not alone. They are loved by womanhood.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful Amanda!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for giving voice to the tragedy of abuse in such a touching and beautiful song. Well done!
ReplyDeleteAmazing. You are such a gift to the children of Sparrow and everyone whose heart you touch.
ReplyDelete